Front-End Web Developer
We currently have an immediate need for a developer to help us create and maintain websites of all shapes and sizes. This is a full-time position at our Beverly Hills office. You’ll be responsible for delivering professional, functional sites with clean code that follow the latest web standards and best practices.
Your responsibilities will primarily consist of front-end develpment (HTML/CSS) of WordPress sites and some site administration/maintenance. We’re looking for self-motivated, detail-oriented types who are excited to learn and expand their skill set. We appreciate a developer who communicates clearly, works well on a team and has a great attitude.
- Minimum 1 year WordPress and front-end website development experience, freelancing or in a professional setting (2-3+ years preferred)
- Extensive familiarity with WordPress and comfortable with rapid development & customization of WP themes/websites
- Ability to slice & develop fully functional & pixel perfect websites from a passed-off design comp (PSD) (Bonus points if you can design them yourself)
- Adheres to and familiar with coding best-practices and web standards from W3C
- Technical background and ability to communicate clearly with development team, management, and content team
To apply, please submit a short cover letter, resume, and if applicable, links to an online portfolio or links to a few online sites/projects you have worked on. Submit your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Optional, but experience and familiarity with the following a plus:
jQuery, AJAX, LAMP (W/M/AMP) stacks, ubuntu & Bash shell, Source control: git/subversion, PHP MVC Frameworks (Cake, Zend, etc), Widget/plugin development, Developing for Mobile devices, Basic understanding of coding for SEO and internet marketing concepts
Posted: November 7, 2011